Steelhead Powder Coating’s warranty is good for 30 days from invoice date.
Steelhead Powder Coating (a.k.a. “Steelhead”) warrants against cracking, peeling, or excessive fading due to normal climatic exposure. Damage to the finish coating caused by mechanical abuse such as scratches, rough handling, installation, or vandalism is not covered by this warranty. Design and/or welding flaws, such as pin holes or non-sealed welds that allow moisture to build up and cause rust, are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty shall apply to the repair or replacement of coatings (at Steelhead Powder Coating discretion) of the material involved and shall not include reimbursement of consequential expenses such as installation, removal, equipment, or transportation costs.
- Cast iron, aluminum and magnesium parts may experience out-gassing and/or bubbling in the finished powder coat due to the porous nature of the casting. Steelhead will not be held responsible for bubbling that develops on casted materials that have surface imperfections.
- Tubes or pipes that have end caps and do not have a weep hole have a high risk of vapors escaping during the curing process that will damage the powder finish in an oven. Without a weep hole for the gases to escape, Steelhead is not responsible for the damages an oven may yield.
- Railing and fencing that are not welded solid allow moisture to build up in places that the powder coat cannot penetrate. Additionally, frames that have overlapping metals trap moisture and will rust if those overlaps are not seal welded. Steelhead is not responsible for the rust that will build up and spread from these areas.
- Sharp edges must be rounded to be able to hold an appropriate mil thickness of powder. Sharp edges that are not rounded will rust. Steelhead is not responsible for rust that occurs because of sharp edges.
The following acts and/or omissions will void the warranty:
- Physical damage due to transport or installation
- Contact with salt water
- Contact with chlorine, fertilizer, pesticides, or industrial chemical agents
- Contact with sprinkler systems, tree sap, entangled vegetation (maintenance issues)
- Alteration of coating by owner or agents of owner
- Physical damage due to acts of God
- All parts that are fabricated with defective welds, pits, holes & cracks, warranty will be void
- Parts that are not sandblasted, or otherwise properly prepared before coating are not warrantied
Upon notice and determination of valid claim, Steelhead Powder Coating will re-coat parts at their own expense. Steelhead is not liable for the cost of take down, re-installation or transportation of effected parts. Steelhead reserves the right to inspect and use its chosen methods or agents to determine cause for failure of coating prior to removal from location of installation.
The above constitutes the complete warranty of Steelhead Powder Coating. No other agreement written or implied is valid.